Keynesian Policies - A New Deal in the European Narrative: Employment, Equality and Sustainability has its intellectual roots in the Great Depression of the 1930s followed by the appearance of Keynesianism. The founder of Keynesian macroeconomics was the British economist John Maynard Keynes (1883-1946). His macroeconomics became a worldwide political economic approach, and made the social democratic welfare state model that has been coming up in Europe. In the US, the reform of Roosevelt’s New Deal came out of Keynesian thinking as a huge nation-building project. Keynesian economics served as the standard economic model in developed nations, creating the post-war economic expansion (1945–1973), though it lost some influence following the oil shock and resulting stagflation of the 1970s. The advent of the financial crisis of 2007–08 caused a resurgence in Keynesian thought, which continues as new Keynesian economics. The authors provide extensive analyses and examples of earlier and contemporary shifting pressure from external environments, showing how the Keynesianism ideology has been modified over time.
This book is a fascinating read for students and scholars of economic, social and sustainable policies. It will also be of great interest to civil servants and policymakers across the world.
The Editor, NORALV VEGGELAND, is a Professor of Public Policy at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences, Lillehammer, Norway. He is former Director of Nordic Regional Research Institute (NordREFO, Copenhagen. Being visiting professor two times at Massachusetts State University, Amherst, USA and European University Institute (EUI), Florence, Italy. Earlier Member of the Norwegian Research Council. Here some few of his latest publications:
- Paths of Public Innovation in the Global Age: Lessons from Scandinavia. Cheltenham, UK – Northampton, MA, USA 2007: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Taming the Regulatory State: Politics and Ethics. Cheltenham, UK – Northampton, MA, Cheltenham, UK – Northampton, MA, USA 2009: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Essays on Regulatory Governance. New York 2013. Nova Science Publishers.
- Regulatory Governance. Published online as text book/academic book, 2015, Bookboon.com, Copenhagen
- Political Economic Realities of Today’s Capitalism, Bookboon online October 10, 2017, Copenhagen, http://bookboon.com/en/political-economic-realities-of-todays-capitalism-ebook
- The Current Nordic Welfare State Model. (ed.) New York: Nova Science Publishers. 2016.
- Administrative Strategies of Our Time. (ed.) New York: Nova Science Publishers. 2017. (Nova)
We’ve partnered with Copyright Clearance Center to make it easy for you to request permissions to reuse Nova content.
For more information, click here or click the "Get Permission" button below to link directly to this book on Copyright Clearance Center's website.