Table of Contents:
1. Anti-Estrogen Agents: Aromatase Inhibitors; Past, Present and Future
(Masanori Shimodaira, and Tomohiro Nakayama, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan, and others) pp. 1-19
2. Aromatase Inhibitors: Types, Mode of Action and Indications
(Helena Aguilar, MD, and Ander Urruticoechea, MD., Ph.D., Institut Catalŗ díOncologia. Barcelona. Spain) pp. 21-38
3. Aromatase Inhibitors
(Mosammat Rashida Begum, Maruf Siddiqui, Dhaka Medical College and Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh) pp. 39-54
4. Upfront vs. Sequential Aromatase Inhibitors: An Ongoing or Settled Debate?
(Tallal Younis and Chris Skedgel, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Department of Medicine at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, and others) pp. 55-75
5. Aromatase Expression in the Endometrium and its Role in the Development of Uterine Pathology
(Hugo Maia Jr., Julio Casoy, Jorge Valente Filho and Elsimar Coutinho.
Centro de Pesquisas e AssistÍncia em ReproduÁ„o Humana (CEPARH)
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil)pp. 75-93
6. Aromatase Inhibitors for the Medical Treatment of Endometriosis
(Kaei Nasu, Akitoshi Tsuno, Akitoshi Yuge, Masakazu Nishida, Hisashi Narahara,
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Oita, Japan) pp. 95-111
7. An Update of the Use of Aromatase Inhibitors in the Management of Breast Cancer
(S. Tang, D.A.L. Morgan, K.L. Cheung, Division of Breast Surgery, University of Nottingham, Department of Oncology, Nottingham University Hospitals, UK) pp. 113-146
8. Aromatase Inhibitors in Ovulation Induction: Myth or Reality?
(Nikolaos P. Polyzos, Spyridon Tzioras, Davide Mauri, Maria Tsappi, Antonis Valachis, Charalambos Dritsas, Kamposioras Konstantinos, Charalambos Panou, Lamprini Tsali,
Panhellenic Association for Continual Medical Research (PACMeR), Section of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Bolos, Greece) pp. 147-162
9. The Use of Aromatase Inhibitors in Ovarian Cancer and Identification of Responsive Tumors
(S.P. Langdon, G. Walker, D. Faratian, C. Gourley, A.R.W. Williams, I. Um, J.F. Smyth, D.J. Harrison, Edinburgh Breakthrough Breast Unit, Institute for Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom) pp. 163-174