Notes For Contributors:
Manuscripts may be sent as e-mail attachments to one of the Int. J. Chem. Model Editorial Board Members listed here:
If electronic submissions is not possible, a hard copy of the manuscript with a CD may be mailed to:
Dr. Mihai V. Putz
Laboratory of Computational and Structural Physical Chemistry
Faculty of Chemistry-Biology-Geography
West University of Timisoara
Str. Pestalozzi Nr. 16, 300 115 Timisoara, Romania.
1. MS Word or Latex are the preferred input programs. If Latex, Nova requests use of the Nova macro. This is ARTICLE.STY set at 5.5 inches (13.97 cm) and letter size (not A4 paper). Please try to use outside justified page headers. If you would like to add any packages to this macro beyond those already specified, it is mandatory that the corresponding .sty files be submitted with the chapter. Nova currently uses the Windows Operating System.
2. Please begin the chapter with a descriptive abstract (100-400 words) summarizing the content of the article, and indicate the abstract with the heading, ABSTRACT. Other essential headings include: INTRODUCTION, CONCLUSION (not Conclusions; not Discussion; not Concluding Remarks), REFERENCES, and any other headings deemed necessary within the chapter to reflect the important subsections or divisions.
3. All diagrams, photographs, illustrations, and charts (not tables) should be referred to in the text as Figures, and they should be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals. These figures must be supplied as separate electronic files named in the format in which they were created, and they must be one of the following types: tiff, bitmap, jpeg, gif, ppt, psd, png, or eps. The resolution of these figures must be 350-750 dpi. The higher the resolution, the clearer the printed image.
4. Figures must also be placed inside or at the end of the manuscript. If scanned images are used, please retain the original hard copy of the figure for possible transmission to Nova Science Publishers. If previously published figures are used, written permission from the copyright holders must be obtained and submitted along with the text indicating the copyright holder’s citation instructions.
5. Please try to keep vertical (portrait) tables a maximum of 5.5 inches wide. If width is a problem, use the landscape layout with section breaks on both sides if MS Word is being used.
6. If the program being used is MS Word, use Times New Roman font ranging from 10-12 point depending on what is most convenient for you. Do not follow the ends of sentences with two spaces but instead only with a single space. Also, do not be concerned about line spacing. We will be performing electronic page layout.
7. If MS Word is not being used, the font program should be submitted with the manuscript. If possible, please do not utilize Word Perfect fonts.
8. Either American or British spelling is acceptable. International, American, and British punctuations are all acceptable.
9. If you wish Nova to review any chapters for English, please be sure that “English Requested” is clearly marked on the first page of any such chapters.
10. Please use the words “this chapter” rather than “this article,” “this study,” or “my work” in the text. Within this context, remember that the word “data” is plural, i.e. data are…. Also consider for purposes of presentation that the words “research” and “evidence” are collective nouns calling for appropriate adjectives, verb agreements, etc. Thus, “research/evidence shows/presents” or “research/evidence has shown/is presented,” etc. Do not use “researches” or “evidences” in submitted chapters.
11. If you have variations of the chapter titles that you would like Nova to use as the Running Heads, please mark that at the beginning of any such chapter.
12. For any explanatory notes, please use Footnotes.
13. Manuscripts submitted without proper permissions for all previously published figures and tables are considered incomplete submissions and will not be published. If there are any figures that the publisher is unable to utilize, the submission is also considered incomplete.
14. Copyright is transferred to Nova via email or fax. A form will be sent via email at the time of page proofs and is to be submitted with the reviewed manuscript.
15. Color graphics are permitted without charge and without limitation, but the Publisher reserves the right to decide on placement: 1. in the book itself, 2. on an accompanying CD ROM or, 3. in black and white if color is deemed nonessential to the presentation.
16. We will be sending electronic page proofs as the publication works its way through the system. These proofs do not necessarily indicate the use of color or lack thereof.
Examples of acceptable forms of reference lists at the end of the chapter are given below:
1. Pearson R.G., Absolute Electronegativity and Absolute Hardness of Lewis Acids and Bases, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1985, 107, 6801-6806.
2. Bensaude-Vincent B., Histoire de la chimie, La Découverte, Paris, 1992.
3. Moriguchi I., Hirono S., Fuzzy adaptive least squares and its use in quantitative structure-activity relationships, in QSAR and Drug Design – New Developments and Applications, T. Fujita (ed.), Elsevier Science B. V., 1995.
4. Matos J.M.O., Quantum Chemical Methods Applied to Problems in Molecular Spectroscopy, PhD dissertation, University of Lund, Sweden, 1988.
5. Borelli M.E.S., Kleinert H., Vertical melting of a Stack of Membranes, Berlin preprint, arXiv: cond-mat/0004432, 2000.
*There are no page charges.
*A complimentary copy of the journal issue will be sent to each of the first two authors of every chapter for the first 20 chapters. Additional copies are available to contributors for the special price of $25 each by contacting the Publisher.
*Personalized chapter offprints can be purchased by contacting the Publisher. An offprint order form will be sent via email during the page proofs stage of production.
*Book proposals from Authors, Editors, and Contributors are given priority consideration.
If you have further questions, please contact the Editor-in-Chief, Mihai V. Putz, at email@example.com
Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600
Hauppauge, New York 11787-3619, USA
Phone: (631) 231-7269
Fax: (631) 231-8175
Main E-mail: novapublishers.earthlink.net